For many years, we have been installing systems for access control, inspection monitoring and asset tracking. As well as our powerful software solutions, we also incorporate hardware to create a seamless experience for the end-users. Our data terminals are in use all over the world wherever Digitalquill RFID systems and software is used, and we are now offering them for sale as a product for third parties.
Linux Powered Data Terminals
Digitalquill’s data terminals can be used anywhere that you would use a computer, but do not need – or would not desire – a complete desktop system. They are a versatile and cost-effective hardware solution to assist with tasks including:
- Data collection
- Data inputting
- Controlling other hardware
- Monitoring sensors
- Linking other ‘unintelligent’ hardware and other applications or the cloud
The Data Terminals operate with a customised version of Debian Linux. This you can easily configure them to put them to almost any purpose. It is possible to add new functionality easily by writing new software, and we offer VPN services that will allow you to access them remotely.
Digitalquill uses these data terminals to manage our databases – some of which have trillions of records. The standard incorporates 2GB of RAM and a powerful quad-core processor – and they can be built to whatever specifications you require.
Data terminals can be supplied with:
- up to 4 external USB ports
- 1 x external Gigabit Ethernet port
- 1 x external HDMI port
- 4 inch integrated touch screen
- Battery backup as standard (allows the terminal to run for an hour without power)
- Remote field battery capability (24-48 hour on battery power alone with optional solar panel chagrinned)
- Bluetooth 4.0 module
- Wireless 802.11n
- Serial RS232 and S485
- Electronic i/o relays
- 8GB storage as standard, which is expandable to 256gb
- Optional SSD hard drive storage
- 3G or 4G modem